One of the goals at APS is that is in line with our mission of supporting groups and individuals in need, is that our research and education strives to contribute to sustainable development. We have research, study programs and campus operations that support all the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Projects supporting SDGs
- multiple green projects - Sustainability Projects (aps.edu.pl)
- innovative mental health projects - Nie jesteśmy tylko chorobą (aps.edu.pl)
- children's abuse prevention projects -Webinar for ERICA project finale (aps.edu.pl)
- drug abuse prevention projects - Our researcher wins an EU action grant for combatting addictions to methamphetamine (aps.edu.pl)
- accessibility and sustainable capacity building projects - Akademia Pedagogiki Specjalnej - W nowe 100-lecie APS nowe do100sowania
- depression care and suicide prevention projects - Adapting and Implementing EAAD-s Best Practise Model to Improve Depression Care and Prevent Suicidal Behaviuor in Europe
- inclusive education using animation and multimedia project - I_AM: “Inclusive education using Animation and Multimedia”
We understand sustainability also as contributing towards equal access and therefore we financially support yearly UNESCO JK Chair international summer schools within the UniTwin UNESCO Chairs network and we fund our own UNESCO Janusz Korczak Chair in Social Pedagogy. UNESCO JK Chair International Summer School 2022 (aps.edu.pl)
We dedicate resources to a number of initiatives that support SDGs.
- Students Unions
- Free psychological and legal support
- Anti-mobbing procedures
- Ombudsman for Ethics and Academic Ethos
- Disciplinary Ombudsmens
- Working group for Equality
- Working group for Ecology
- Advisory Board for Sustainable Development and Social Responsibility
- Volunteers' schemes in support of the community
- Special support schemes for people with disabilities, Rector's representative for people with disabilities
The Advisory Board for Sustainable Development and Social Responsibility was established in connection with the vision of developing APS as a modern, socially responsible University, developed in an innovative, sustainable and balanced way, based on the principles of social justice, respect for human rights, promoting social inclusion and protecting the environment and climate. The Board's tasks include, i.a.:
- having an advisory vote for the Rector's Collegium;
- advising on development, promotional and cooperation activities;
- pro-active seeking of strategic initiatives related to the implementation of sustainable development principles.
We adhere to high ethical standards, with codes of ethics for academic teachers, students and administration. We also have our own Ethical Committee for Scientific Research.
We take part in the national working group for sustainable development at universities at the Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy Grupa robocza ds. społecznej odpowiedzialności uczelni - Ministerstwo Funduszy i Polityki Regionalnej - Portal Gov.pl (www.gov.pl)
For more information - http://www.aps.edu.pl/uczelnia/kodeksy-etyczne/
Acting Specialist Coordinator for Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development
Ms. Katarzyna Soszyńska, MA
contact by email: email@example.com
dedicated office hours: Monday-Tuesday 8.00-15.00 room 1110 building A.