A total of 160 higher education institutions have signed the Declaration of Social Responsibility of Universities. Among the 77 new ones is The Maria Grzegorzewska University (APS). On behalf of the Univeristy, the Rector of APS, Dr. Barbara Marcinkowska, Prof. APS, signed the Declaration on June 2 this year during the Conference on the Social Responsibility of Universities organized by the Ministry of Funds and Regional Policy and the Ministry of Education and Science, titled "The Experience, Practice and Challenges of Social Responsibility of Universities.
- We have been preparing to sign the declaration for two years. The University's Social Responsibility is in our DNA. The Declaration will help the University communicate our mission and academic values more effectively among our community, our environment and institutional partners. The Declaration is an important document that organizes and reminds us that we are carrying out socially important activities for the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals while maintaining the highest ethical standards and academic ethos," says APS Vice Chancellor for Development, Dr. Anna Odrowąż-Coates, Prof. APS member of the Working Group on Social Responsibility of Universities at the Ministry of Funds and Regional Policy.
In preparation for the signing of the SOU Declaration, we established in the Univeristy:
- the University's Social Sustainability and Social Responsibility Council,
- Ecology Team, Equality Team,
- Ecology Study Circle,
- Gender Equality Forum,
- SOU and ZR Coordinator,
- Ombudsman for Academic Rights and Values,
- Rector's Representative for Support of Persons with Disabilities.
In addition, we maintain websites dedicated to social responsibility and sustainability:
We are also planning in the near future to implement more effective monitoring of activities to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, as well as a special training series on the university's social responsibility.
The new study programs and syllabuses reflect the direction of our activities in this regard. The university is implementing grants from EU and Norwegian Funds that are in line with the Declaration's goals.
- Declaration of Social Responsibility of Universities PL,
- SOU Declaration EN
- Signatories of SOU Declaration
Conference on Social Responsibility of Universities - "Experiences, Practices and Challenges of Social Responsibility of Universities", June 2, 2022, Ministry of Funds and Regional Policy and Ministry of Education and Science.