Why have we established the Gender Equality Forum at APS in the year of Maria Grzegorzewska (2022), in the centenary of APS (est. 1922). Because we take the UN's fifth Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 5) very seriously.
The goals of the APS Gender Equality Forum are:
- initiating pro-equality initiatives among students;
- disseminating pro-equality initiatives across the APS community;
- advising university authorities on pro-equality initiatives at APS;
- close cooperation with the APS Equality Team;
- initiating student surveys on equality;
- involvement in research and scientific activities;
- seeking opportunities to establish a student startup in the area of equality.
The Gender Equality Student Research Group called "Gender Equality Forum" is a group operating in the APS and uses the abbreviated name "FRP". The functions of FRP are inter-institutional between all the APS institutes. It brings together APS students and doctoral students. The forum resides in the Vice-Rector’s office. The Gender Equality Forum accomplishes its goals through online cooperation, meetings at APS, organization of events, and preparation of information materials. FRP is looked after by two tutors who cooperate and work alternately as needed. The forum is also involved in the preparation and implementation of the University's Gender Equality Plan (GEP). Take it as an inspiration: start your Gender Equality Forums!